The Scrib is always looking for new talent.
If you have the itch to write, we’d love to hear from you. We accept submissions from anyone anywhere as long as you are sharp, amusing and have something entertaining to say.
Please take a look at our submission guidelines below before submitting anything to us.
- Be funny;
- Be awesome;
- Be bold; we are fans of the outrageous;
- Please DO NOT submit entire articles;
- Only submit ideas for future articles. Our editorial staff will determine if your idea can be fleshed out for publication and will work with you on writing it;
- All article ideas must relate to one of the primary categories on the web site;
- All article ideas must be original and not published anywhere else (this includes personal blogs);
- All ideas must match the tone and format of other articles on the site. Please read a few articles to get a feel for what we like;
- All ideas must have a humourous spin to them; we DO NOT publish serious news pieces;
- The Scrib is not a personal blog. We won’t publish a story about your adorable cat or your asshole roommate. All articles must be informative, authoritative and must have a wide appeal;
- If you are submitting an idea for the “Top 8″ section, please outline a few of your list entries to give us an idea of what you are aiming for;
- Please check your submission for spelling and/or grammatical errors. It is easy to do so. Don’t be that guy;
- Please do not send us your CV or cover letter.
How to Submit an Idea
- Send an email to info [at] theScrib.com;
- Please do not send any attachments;
- Please include the subject line: “Idea Submission for The Scrib”;
- Provide a detailed synopsis of your idea and the category that you are targeting;
- Don’t forget: be funny.
What do you get out of it?
- Hundreds of thousands of readers;
- Access to a team of experienced editors and writers with dozens of years of publishing experience (aka a room full of self-absorbed narcissists);
- A platform to promote yourself in any way you see fit. Seriously, you can whore yourself as much as you like;
- Promotion across all of our social media platforms.
- Tickets and/or media passes to local events (when available). First come first serve.
We will respond to all submissions so feel free to send in as many as you like. The Scrib family is constantly expanding and we’d love to have you on board.
Now, get writing!